What they are looking for is VERY vague.  Last time I looked they wanted "sufficient" resources, whatever that means.

NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges) says "resources are sufficient in quality, level, diversity, quantity, and currency" to support the curriculum.

One thing they want for sure is that the library does not rely on other libraries to fill notable gaps in the collection.

Hope this helps.
Moira
Moira Steven, Library Director
Joanne Waxman Library @ Maine College of Art
522 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
207-775-5153 (general)/207-699-5090 (direct line)/207-775-5087 (fax)

Art is a kind of innate drive that seizes a human being and makes him its instrument. To perform this difficult office it is sometimes necessary for him to sacrifice happiness and everything that makes life worth living for the ordinary human being. —Carl G. Jung