Dear Colleagues,

After 50 years of working in libraries, I have decided to retire.  The best part of my career has been as Head of the Frick Fine Arts Library at the University of Pittsburgh – for 29 years.  It has been a positive luxury to have the opportunity to be a member of ARLIS/NA – for many years a very active one.  It has always been a great joy to attend the conferences, to make new acquaintances and renew friendships with those I have already known.  It has also been a joy to blend my passion – art history – with my career as a librarian.  There is no other organization that is so welcoming of new members and I will always remember my first conference – I was “sold” immediately.  Thank you to each of you who welcomed me, helped me with sessions I gave, papers I read, and assisted in planning the Pittsburgh conference (2000).  I could not have done it as well as I did without you!  I will miss my career. But am eager to begin new things research, writing, some travel and just enjoying my partner and our life together in our new home.

All the best to each of you!

Ray Anne Lockard

Frick Fine Arts Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Voice-mail:  412-648-2410
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands."  Ezra Pound