Dear colleagues,
At RISD Ebsco's discovery service (EDS) has been implemented and we are actively using it for reference and learning how to teach with it. I'm interested in hearing others' experiences with integrated search products, in particular:

1) whether your integrated search includes image databases (artstor, bridgeman, art museum image gallery, cinema image gallery, others)

2) how your institution is dealing with databases that don't quite interface with EDS - Proquest's Design and Applied Arts Index and Artbibliographies Modern, Arts:Search's Art + Architecture ProFILES, Design Abstracts Retrospective, and ReView.

I'd be interested in hearing from those who have gone with Serial Solution's Summon discovery system as well as from EDS users.
Kind regards,
Ellen
--
Ellen Petraits