Larry

From: Lorne Bair <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:39:05 -0500
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>,
        Discuss - mailing list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ABAA Discuss] James H. Fraser
Sender: [log in to unmask]
        Friends and Colleagues,

It's with great sadness that I share news of the passing, on November 25th, of Dr. James H. Fraser, of Morris Plains, NJ; one-time library director of Fairleigh DIckinson University but known to most of us recently as a library consultant and collector of the highest order. Among his many achievements, Jim was among the earliest U.S. scholars to appreciate the importance of the Eastern European avant-gardes; his exhibitions of Czech and Latvian materials in the 1970s were ground-breaking and widely influential. His collections and his scholarship were remarkable for both depth and diversity, ranging from Russica to Nipponica to American children's literature and 20th-century political movements. Jim's influence on me, both personally and professionally, has been profound, and my reality will be diminished without his friendship, wit, and wise counsel.

A link to the obituary is HERE.

Lorne Bair

LORNE BAIR RARE BOOKS
2621 Daniel Terrace