Dear Kathleen,

You may want to direct your  faculty member to the Digital Scrolling
Paintings Project at the University of Chicago:
http://scrolls.uchicago.edu

This site includes 60+ publicly available scrolling paintings from museums
around the world, including the Palace Museum Beijing, Nelson-Atkins
Museum, Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Art Institute of Chicago, Saint Louis
Art Museum, and others. It will soon include a large selection of Chinese
scrolls from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Please let me know if you have questions, and feel free to share this
resource with other colleagues!

All best,
Amanda

--
Amanda Rybin
Associate Director, Visual Resources Center