Artsy is another free source for images, some of which are downloadable and in the public domain:

http://artsy.net/post/christine-downloading-images-on-artsy

Deborah Kempe

Past President, ARLIS/NA

web  Facebook  Linked In

Serving art information professionals since 1972.  Join ARLIS/NA today! arlisna.org/join.html

ARLIS NA DC 2014 LOGO_50perct

  I will see you there!

Chief, Collections Management & Access

Frick Art Reference Library