Several Librarians from AICAD<http://www.aicad.org/> (Association for Independent Colleges of Art and Design) colleges decided to experiment on a creating a simple MOOC course on the Canvas.net platform.

We want it to serve as an introduction to Information Literacy for Art and Design Students.

This is somewhat of an unprecedented collaboration.  We wanted way to learn what it's like facilitating and creating a MOOC. It's been interesting-and a lot of work. We will report on the process and provide results later.

In case you'd like to monitor our course, you are invited to register here: https://www.canvas.net/courses/information-literacy-for-art-and-design-students

As part of the process, we also made a "commercial for art libraries" which is available on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEWaAvRs0z8

Thanks,
Sue and Tony

Sue Maberry
Director of the Library and Instructional Technology
Otis College of Art and Design
9045 Lincoln Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045
310 665-6925