Dear Colleagues,

Attached, please find a call for nominations for the OCLC ARC’s Global Council Delegates and Executive Committee.  Our active participation in OCLC Regional and Global Councils is vitally important to representing our common interests in the OCLC cooperative.  Do not hesitate to nominate your colleagues or yourself for one of these positions.

Your membership is the driving force behind OCLC; make it count! http://www.oclc.org/membership.en.html

To learn more about the OCLC Global and Regional Councils, follow the links included in Dalia’s message or contact me.

Oleg Kreymer
OCLC Global Council / Americas Regional Council
Systems Librarian
T.J. Watson Library
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10028
(212) 570-3841

[http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/emailcontent/emailcontent_header_oclc_logo.gif]<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=3642552&l=275636&ctl=48EF139:539F661EAADFEC19CFF65BA0A8FA2A20BBBE1ADFE3D02CC7&>

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/banner/corner_tl.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/banner/corner_tr.gif]

Member Update

The latest news and events from the OCLC cooperative

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/banner/corner_bl.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/banner/corner_br.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/banner/banner_shadow.gif]

[oarc]
[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_tl.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_tr.gif]

[photo_dalia_corkrum]

Dalia Corkrum—
Chair of the ARC
Nominating Committee

Nominations now open!

The Americas Regional Council and Global Council member-leaders work together toward a common vision and every member’s voice is important in guiding the cooperative. We are pleased to announce the opening of the 2014 Americas Regional Council and Global Council election.

On behalf of OCLC Americas Regional Council (ARC) Executive and Nominating committees, we are seeking nominations for ARC’s Global Council Delegates and Executive Committee. We encourage you and/or your staff to nominate any colleague from an OCLC member institution in the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean for one or more of these positions—and you may nominate yourself.

The deadline for submitting nominations is 26 November 2013. Please take this opportunity to take advantage of one of the most important benefits of membership in the OCLC cooperative. I can say that my experience as a Global Council Delegate has been both professionally and personally very rewarding. I encourage you to nominate yourself or a colleague, whose leadership and expertise will help to advance the profession through the work of the cooperative.

—Dalia

Dalia is currently a Global Council Delegate and Library Director, Penrose Library, Whitman College (Washington State, USA).

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_bl.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_br.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_tl.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_tr.gif]

Americas Regional Council
Executive Committee and
Global Council Positions

This year, a total of 15 delegates will be elected to the Global Council, with five (5) of those delegates also serving on the ARC Executive Committee. The 48-member Global Council will have a total of 32 ARC representatives.
·         ARC Vice Chair/Chair-Elect
·         ARC Secretary
·         ARC Executive Committee Members-at-Large: Three individuals will be elected: at least one representative from Canada and at least one from Latin America and the Caribbean will be elected to guarantee diverse geographic representation. The third may come from any member institution within the ARC.
·         Global Council Delegates: Ten (10) additional Global Council Delegates

As an elected representative to the membership, Global Council delegates carry an important responsibility and obligation to the cooperative. This includes agreeing to participate in Global Council activities including at least two multiday meetings per year. Please refer to the Global Council bylaws<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=3642552&l=275636&ctl=48EF12E:539F661EAADFEC19CFF65BA0A8FA2A20BBBE1ADFE3D02CC7&> for a complete list of responsibilities.

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_bl.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_br.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/emailcontent/member_update/Checkbox.jpg]

Submit your nominations by 26 November 2013.<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=3642552&l=275636&ctl=48EF12F:539F661EAADFEC19CFF65BA0A8FA2A20BBBE1ADFE3D02CC7&>

Please nominate yourself or a colleague. Candidates must be professional employees or members of the governing boards of OCLC member institutions. You will be asked to provide the member institution's OCLC symbol<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=3642552&l=275636&ctl=48EF130:539F661EAADFEC19CFF65BA0A8FA2A20BBBE1ADFE3D02CC7&> for each nominee to help verify eligibility.

[http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/emailcontent/member_update/Checkbox.jpg]

Update your voting contact information.<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=3642552&l=275636&ctl=48EF131:539F661EAADFEC19CFF65BA0A8FA2A20BBBE1ADFE3D02CC7&>

All voting will be conducted online. Please confirm we have the correct e-mail address for your institution's voting representative. You (or your library’s director) will need your OCLC symbol<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=3642552&l=275636&ctl=48EF130:539F661EAADFEC19CFF65BA0A8FA2A20BBBE1ADFE3D02CC7&> to confirm or update your organization’s voting contact information.

[http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/emailcontent/member_update/Checkbox.jpg]

Learn more about the Americas Regional Council.<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=3642552&l=275636&ctl=48EF132:539F661EAADFEC19CFF65BA0A8FA2A20BBBE1ADFE3D02CC7&>

Find out how you can get involved! We have many active committees, in addition to elected positions.

[http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/emailcontent/member_update/Checkbox.jpg]

Learn more about Global Council.<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=3642552&l=275636&ctl=48EF133:539F661EAADFEC19CFF65BA0A8FA2A20BBBE1ADFE3D02CC7&>

Global Council currently meets in person twice per year. OCLC streams the general sessions of these meetings for all members.

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_tl.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_tr.gif]

More Americas Regional Council Election Details

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_bl.gif]

[http://www.oclc.org/etc/designs/oclc/emailcontent/images/section/corner_br.gif]

The Americas Regional Council Nominating Committee is chaired by Dalia Corkrum, Global Council Delegate and Library Director, Penrose Library, Whitman College, Washington State. She and the Committee members will review the nominations received to determine the slate of candidates. The committee will also take into consideration important factors such as geography, institution type, size and all criteria outlined in the ARC’s bylaws<http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=3642552&l=275636&ctl=48EF134:539F661EAADFEC19CFF65BA0A8FA2A20BBBE1ADFE3D02CC7&> to ensure a diverse slate of candidates.

Once the Nominating Committee approves the slate, it will announce the candidates by sending Member Update e-mails and posting the slate on the OCLC website. This announcement is scheduled for late January. Voting is scheduled to take place from late January through mid-March 2014, and election results will be announced during the OCLC Global Council Annual Meeting scheduled for 10–13 April 2014.

Each member organization in the Americas Region has one vote per qualifying member institution. If you (or your organization’s director) have not already done so, please update the contact information of the person who will vote on behalf of your library using the link provided above.

Have a question? Please contact us by sending an e-mail to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.