LIMC is not only useful for upper level work.  I regularly show it to
undergradate classes and students for the plate volumes alone.  The foreign
language essays can intimidate but the images volumes are easy to use:
arranged by person then by type (busts, single, group, narratives, etc.) in
rough chronological order.