Dear Collective Wisdom,

A staff member is trying to identify the foundry of a bronze object (likely from Germany) in our collection. We’ve looked in some marks books, but I’m realizing I have no good sources for European foundry marks, symbols and trademarks. Do any of you know a good source – print or online?

Thank you in advance,

Traci

Traci Timmons, M.A., M.L.I.S.

Librarian, Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library

Seattle Art Museum

1300 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-654-3220

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Learn/Library/SAM.asp

The Bullitt Library is open to the public: Wednesday – Friday, 10 am – 4pm

Open Now

Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion

Get your tickets online now!