Dear all,

i am very new to this listserv and still in the process of learning about
who are the members of this listserv and  its coverage.  I am a South Asian
Studies Librarian at the University of Washington. I don't have an Art
background or an Art Major degree. The last couple years or so,  I have
worked with our South Asian Art History professor to acquire South Asian
Art History  materials ranging from medieval and modern SA artist, video
artists, art catalogs, etc.

I have come up with  a proposal to write a paper for a panel presentation
about  South Asian Art History Collections/ Resources in Academic
libraries, museums etc. The panel theme is *"**Researching South Asia
Today: Challenges of discovering and accessing research materials*". I am
trying to get a sense of  the  scope of SA Art History collections in
academic libraries,, vendors, the types of materials, gaps in the
collection etc.

What  challenges do scholars face when trying to access South Asian Art
History materials?What  are the gaps in the collections etc?Which Academic
Libraries have strong South Asia Art Collections?

South Asian Art History is such a broad term encompassing  many areas such
as Art, Architecture, Sculpture and beyond. Currently I feel lost and
strongly feel that I should narrow down my article to one or two areas of
research.

I need to brainstorm and need help to come up with some key  ideas to get
started with my research. I would like to include the libraries, museums
etc in my paper  that strongly focus on South Asian Art History Collection.

The purpose of my paper is to inform scholars about the existence and
availability of South Asian Art History Collections in libraries, museums
etc.

I will really appreciate if you please respond to this message and help
brainstorm ideas. Thanks.

--
Deepa Banerjee
South Asian Studies Librarian