All,

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV..........so I need to steer clear of legal issues surrounding the BHA data.

That said.........the Getty Research Institute is nearing completion of our new Primo based discovery environment which will coincide with our migration off our 14 year old Voyager system to Alma. Right now, the old RILA/BHA data is made available as a separate and distinct MARC database from our Voyager server at http://library.getty.edu/bha
With the migration out of Voyager and the fact that we will not have a direct OPAC per se, we are working on a strategy to migrate BHA/RILA to a separate Primo search view that will be accessible with a standalone URL. We are hopeful that the Primo/BHA will be up and running when we switch off the Voyager public services on July 10, 2013. If it is not.....it is because we are working out last minute issues and BHA will be up shortly thereafter.

I am not sure if more detailed messages will go out to our communities but in a nutshell, the technical transition/migration will have the live GRI catalog down from July 10th until July 18th. Users will be able to search catalog - and digital collection data via Primo during the downtime, but live requests cannot be made during migration. Our discovery environment is already up and live so fee free to search it from this point onwards:
http://primo.getty.edu
It is being tweaked constantly as we inch towards full migration so you may notice small changes in facet names, display field names, etc.

Any library that does Z39.50 searching directly against our existing Voyager database, will need to redirect your Z39 application(s) to our new Alma instance. Please contact me offline for information and timing.

Regards,
Joe Shubitowski

Joseph M. Shubitowski
Head, Information Systems
Getty Research Institute
1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 1100
Los Angeles CA 90049-1688
Voice: 310-440-6394
Fax: 310-440-7780
[log in to unmask]>>> "Thomas, Ruth S" <[log in to unmask]> 6/27/2013 10:13 AM >>>
Anne,
I have held off subscribing to IBA until it somehow incorporates BHA.
Ruth Thomas, Boston University