Dear ARLIS/NA Members,

At the request of the VRA's International Task Force, the VRA Foundation Directors have been investigating our ability to open our grants to international applicants. Our research indicates that we must work with our lawyer and accountant to alter the current VRAF policy and the associated legal and organizational documents. Despite significant associated expense and possible tax implications, we believe it is of more value to be globally inclusive and "to advance knowledge in the field of visual resources and image management and to provide educational and training opportunities in support of broad access to cultural information in the digital age" as our mission states.

Therefore, we are opening the VRAF Professional Development Grants to international applicants while we finalize this policy change. Applications are due by July 24th and more information is available here: http://vrafoundation.org.s119319.gridserver.com/index.php/grants/professional_development_grant/
We anticipate that the Project Grants in the Fall will also be open to international applicants, though complications in the process may interfere with the timeline.

Currently, we are not able to open up the Internship Award to international applicants, but if the opportunity to adjust this emerges, we will certainly consider the possibilities. The deadline for Internship Award applications is also July 24th and more information can be found here: http://vrafoundation.org.s119319.gridserver.com/index.php/grants/internship_award/

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm for the VRAF Grants and Awards. Please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
VRAF Directors
--
Maureen Burns, Ed.D.