Scholars Resource would like to draw your attention to a new Image Set:

CDR-1304: SR Set: Enlightenment of the Humanities

The current discourse on the importance of the Humanities suggests that we revisit the Enlightenment to broaden our thinking about what constitutes a 'good education'. According to David Brooks: "The job of the humanities was to cultivate the human core, the part of a person we might call the spirit, the soul, or, in D.H. Lawrence’s phrase, 'the dark vast forest'.” Our set of images looks at figures of the Enlightenment and at some of their work, to encourage us all to examine how the Humanities expand our human core with ideas on creative thinking and personal integrity. Brooks avers that "Teachers who are zealous for the humanities leave a lifelong mark." (6/2013)

250 views may be seen at https://www.scholarsresource.com/browse/image_set/956

With this set, we will suspend announcements of new Image Sets for the summer and resume again in August.

--
Renate Wiedenhoeft
President, Scholars Resource, Inc.