Dear Colleagues,

The large number of proposals submitted last week is very gratifying. In order to provide more time for those who may not have been able to meet the initial deadline, we are extending the deadline for proposals for papers, sessions, and workshops for the ARLIS/NA 42nd Annual Conference to Wednesday, June 19.

If you have a great idea in a formative stage, please submit as much information as you have available.  The primary objective of this call is to have a draft program for review at the Conference Planning Advisory Committee (CPAC) meeting July 11 and 12.  Details – title, speakers, instructors, etc. can be determined later.

If you have already submitted a proposal, there is no need to add information at this point. The program committee will follow up with you in the coming weeks.

We do need an indication of proposal type (paper, session, workshop), a brief abstract of the topic to be covered, and a description of its relationship to the conference theme “Art + Politics.”

Proposal guidelines and links to the submission forms are on the ARLIS/NA Web site at http://www.arlisna.org/news/conferences/2014/Call_Proposals.pdf.

Please note that in order to submit a complete proposal, you need click on the first question indicating that you’ve read and agree to the guidelines immediately preceding the question. Note also that the surveys will now allow multiple submissions from the same IP address.

If you have any questions about your proposals or the submission process, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your responses! We will be confirming receipt of your proposals this week.

Megan Halsband / [log in to unmask] / (202) 707-1522       Roger Lawson / [log in to unmask] / (202) 842-6529

Program Co-Chairs,  ARLIS/NA 42nd Annual Conference

Roger C. Lawson

Administrative Librarian

National Gallery of Art

Washington, DC