Good morning ARLIS librarians,

I am hoping some of you will be willing to share your observations, research, and/or opinions about auction house catalogs. We currently hold catalogs from 36 different auction houses (from Aguttes through Wright).  Some of them have runs starting a long way back.

Our chief curator asks:  How many of the auction catalogues are available on-line?
I know that she underestimates the complexity of this question.  I briefly looked at Sotheby's and was confused by my findings.  I'm hoping librarians with more knowledge and experience can suggest answers to her question.

Thank you very much,
Susan

Susan T. Ferrer-Vinent
Librarian

Denver Art Museum
100 W. 14th Avenue Parkway
Denver, CO 80204

Visit www.denverartmuseum.org<http://www.denverartmuseum.org> and subscribe to our e-newsletter<http://www.patronmail.com/pmailweb/PatronSetup?oid=238>. The Denver Art Museum salutes the citizens of metro Denver for helping fund arts, culture and science through their support of the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD).<http://www.scfd.org/>