From: Kawaguchi, Masako [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:47 AM
To: Simane, Jan
Cc: [log in to unmask]; takeshi mizutani; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [IFLAART] New tragets in Tokyo

Dear artlibraries.net community,

As a part of art libraries community in Japan, we are honored to be able to participate in this longstanding international project dedicated to art history.  Since we understand that there were many challenging tasks including character encoding, we are truly grateful for colleagues who overcame these difficulties and made it happen.

I herewith would like to let you know our libraries in Tokyo:

Research Library of the National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo (NMWA):

The Research Library of the National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo holds resources related to the history of Western art and its ancillary disciplines, provides resources for the advancement of work by museum staff members, and aids in survey research done by curators and scholars from other institutions.

Subject fields: Western art and art history from the Middle Ages to the early 20th century.

Libraries of the National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo (MOMAT):

The catalogue of the National Museum of Modern Art in Tokyo is focused on Japanese and western modern art, crafts and films; it contains also holdings related to the Library of the Crafts Gallery, and National Film Center located in the separated a gallery and a building.

Best regards,

Masako Kawaguchi

The National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo

Masako Kawaguchi

Chief of the Library Section

National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo

7-7 Ueno-koen, Taito-ku, Tokyo 110-0007, Japan http://www.nmwa.go.jp/en/education/library.html

(2013/06/06 17:02), Simane, Jan wrote:

> Dear artlibraries.net community,

> I am happy to inform you that finally the two targets from Tokyo

> (Libraries of the National Museum of Western Art and Research Library

> of the National Museum of Western Art) are now connected to the ALN

> federated search protocol. With these two targets ALN made a step

> forward to Asia and has ‘conquered’ the forth continent. This is

> anything but a matter of course. Since ALN is more than a virtual

> catalogue we are very happy to have enlarged our circle of

> collaboration to this remarkable extent. Many thanks to Uwe Dierolf

> who had to accomplish in this case a really hard job and to the

> Japanese colleagues as well. We are welcoming in our community Takeshi

> Mizutani, Masako Kawaguchi, Taizo Muroya, Akihiko Takano and Yuzo

> Marukawa and we are looking very much forward to a fruitful collaboration.

> Best regards,

> (for the committee)

> Jan Simane

> Dr. Jan Simane

> Bibliotheksdirektor / Direttore della Biblioteca

> Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florenz

> Max-Planck-Institut

> Via Giuseppe Giusti 44

> 50121 Firenze / ITALIA

> ( (+39) 055 24911-31

> 7 (+39) 055 24911-74

> 8 [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

> üwww.khi.fi.it <http://www.khi.fi.it/>

and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.