From: <Billings>, Cathy <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Friday, May 3, 2013 2:55 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] It's our turn to say "thanks"!

The Conference Co-chairs want to give a HUGE thank you to all who participated in the success of the ARLIS/NA 41st Annual Conference in Pasadena!

We want to give a very special thank you to Deborah Kempe, who served as ARLIS/NA President throughout the conference planning process. We are wholly indebted to her leadership, guidance, vision, unwavering hard work and good humor as we worked together many hours day and night to plan the conference. She worked especially hard to secure and implement the Getty Foundation and Kress Grants to bring international attendees from over 19 countries to the conference. Her dedication and perseverance is a true labor of love and a gift to ARLIS/NA and its members.

The conference would not be the success without the involvement each and every person: attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, presenters, the TEI staff, the amazing crew at the Pasadena Convention Center, the ARLIS/Southern California Chapter Board, the ARLIS/NA Executive Board and Kathryn Wayne, and our amazing and awesome Local Planning Committee. We give our sincere thanks and appreciation to the local team:

Mary Stark<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and Sally McKay<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, who put together the best slate of tours imaginable!

Amy Ciccone<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and Susan Flanagan<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, who recruited a record number of exhibitors, making our visits to the exhibits a rich and rewarding experience.

Krista Ivy<mailto:[log in to unmask]>and Virginia Allison<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, who attended to all our needs, barely leaving the Registration/Hospitality desk for the duration of the conference! (Krista is also our Proceedings Editor.)

Nancy Norris<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Dawn Henney<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Emma Roberts, and Laurel Bliss, who oversaw our publicity efforts and raised the bar for implementing social media at an ARLIS/NA conference!

Isotta Poggi<mailto:[log in to unmask]>and Lorraine Perrotta<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, who put untold hours into planning our special events at the Autry, the Civic Auditorium, and the Pasadena Museum of California Art.

Alexis Curry, Janine Henri, and Laurel Bliss, who read and thoughtfully considered every paper, session, and poster submission, and gave their all to putting together the best possible program. (Janine also organized the Poster Session and Alexis was responsible for the donation of L.A. Rising from Lyn Kienholz and instrumental in putting together the Pacific Standard Time plenary.)

Chizu Morihara<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and Teresa Soleau<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, who masterminded the silent auction! (Chizu also created the excellent local guides to eating, shopping and amenities in Pasadena.)

Ann Roll, who with Kathryn Wayne, helped our generous sponsors see the value of ARLIS/NA to their organizations, securing a record amount of financial support; Leslie Abrams<mailto:[log in to unmask]> crunched the numbers!

Ruth Wallach, who set up the Café Press store, with the support of the ARLIS/SC Chapter Board.

We are thrilled to pass the torch on to the Washington DC conference planning committee. We can’t wait for 2014!

Sincerely,

Alyssa Resnick & Lynda Bunting
Local Arrangements Co-Chairs

Cathy Billings & Sarah Sherman
Program Co-Chairs
[ARLIS_Pasadena_Logo_Final_small.jpg]

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

prohibited.