The Conference Co-chairs want to give a HUGE thank you to all who participated in the success of the ARLIS/NA 41st Annual Conference in Pasadena!

We want to give a very special thank you to Deborah Kempe, who served as ARLIS/NA President throughout the conference planning process. We are wholly indebted to her leadership, guidance, vision, unwavering hard work and good humor as we worked together many hours day and night to plan the conference. She worked especially hard to secure and implement the Getty Foundation and Kress Grants to bring international attendees from over 19 countries to the conference. Her dedication and perseverance is a true labor of love and a gift to ARLIS/NA and its members.

The conference would not be the success without the involvement each and every person: attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, presenters, the TEI staff, the amazing crew at the Pasadena Convention Center, the ARLIS/Southern California Chapter Board, the ARLIS/NA Executive Board and Kathryn Wayne, and our amazing and awesome Local Planning Committee. We give our sincere thanks and appreciation to the local team:

Mary Stark and Sally McKay, who put together the best slate of tours imaginable!

Amy Ciccone and Susan Flanagan, who recruited a record number of exhibitors, making our visits to the exhibits a rich and rewarding experience.

Krista Ivy and Virginia Allison, who attended to all our needs, barely leaving the Registration/Hospitality desk for the duration of the conference! (Krista is also our Proceedings Editor.)

Nancy Norris, Dawn Henney, Emma Roberts, and Laurel Bliss, who oversaw our publicity efforts and raised the bar for implementing social media at an ARLIS/NA conference!

Isotta Poggi and Lorraine Perrotta, who put untold hours into planning our special events at the Autry, the Civic Auditorium, and the Pasadena Museum of California Art.

Alexis Curry, Janine Henri, and Laurel Bliss, who read and thoughtfully considered every paper, session, and poster submission, and gave their all to putting together the best possible program. (Janine also organized the Poster Session and Alexis was responsible for the donation of L.A. Rising from Lyn Kienholz and instrumental in putting together the Pacific Standard Time plenary.)

Chizu Morihara and Teresa Soleau, who masterminded the silent auction! (Chizu also created the excellent local guides to eating, shopping and amenities in Pasadena.)

Ann Roll, who with Kathryn Wayne, helped our generous sponsors see the value of ARLIS/NA to their organizations, securing a record amount of financial support; Leslie Abrams crunched the numbers!

Ruth Wallach, who set up the Café Press store, with the support of the ARLIS/SC Chapter Board.

We are thrilled to pass the torch on to the Washington DC conference planning committee. We can’t wait for 2014!

Sincerely,

Alyssa Resnick & Lynda Bunting

Local Arrangements Co-Chairs

Cathy Billings & Sarah Sherman