ARLISers,

1.       Would very much appreciate your guidance/advice/shared experience re: determining value of entire collection, for insurance purposes. Please respond off-list. Our collection is A-Z, art/architecture/landscape arch/city planning/urban history.  Includes all print (including bound journals) and media (our rare books, we’ll valuate per title).

2.       We’re also having to establish monetary value of our losses in the last week:

Gory details : broken water pipe in ceiling above our main collection—at 1 a.m a week ago, with a reprise this morning. Luckily art students working on end-of-semester projects noticed water in the hallway, got a guard to let them into the library right away, and they moved most of the collection out from under the flood.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy Edwards

Reference & Collection Development Librarian

Emery A. Gunnin Architecture Library

112 Lee Hall, Clemson University

Clemson SC 29634

(864) 656-4289