Nineteenth and early 20th century photographers

Thank you everyone for responding to my plea for sources on nineteenth and early twentieth century photographers.  I really have been overwhelmed with suggestions!

In addition to the numerous print sources that have been recommended, among the free-to-access web sites that I have found worth bookmarking are:

Luminous Lint.  http://www.luminous-lint.com/app/home/P1/       International

PhotoSeed  http://photoseed.com/collection/      International

Broadway Photographs  http://broadway.cas.sc.edu/photographers  US photographers

PhotoLondon  http://www.photolondon.org.uk/default.asp   UK photographers

EdinPhoto   This link:  http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/2/2__professional_photographers.htm   UK photographers

Exhibitions of the Royal Photographic Society 1870-1915  http://erps.dmu.ac.uk/   Predominantly UK photographers, but does include some non-UK names

---

Nothing to do with photography, but on another subject area altogether – Sculpture - one free-to-access site I’ve discovered that is very useful for tracing data on 19th and early 20th century British and Irish sculptors is:

Mapping the Practice and Profession of Sculpture in Britain and Ireland 1851-1951 http://sculpture.gla.ac.uk/  click Browse http://sculpture.gla.ac.uk/browse/index.php

Best wishes

Chris

Chris Mees
Editor – designinform [soon to be renamed Arts:Source – but more of this due course]
E: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]