From: ARLIS/NA List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of McKenzie, Karen
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Retirement

Dear colleagues and friends,

After thirty-seven plus years with the Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, first as Cataloguer and then Chief librarian, I am retiring as of 24th of May.   It's been an amazing career in art librarianship, more than I ever anticipated as a new library school graduate in, yes, 1970.  There is no more challenging, perpetually interesting, stimulating, frustrating, surprising and always satisfying place than a museum in which to practice one's vocation of art librarian.

My working life was immeasurably enriched by ARLIS/NA, from the 1976 annual conference in Detroit to last month's extravaganza in Pasadena, and with many conference stops across the continent in between.  I will  treasure many friendships forged through committee work,  convivial dinners,  conference panels,  numerous hotel bars and the Executive Board (twice).  Wise advice and support has been freely given by many of you over the years,  on this list and on the phone; ARLIS/NA members have a well deserved reputation for being generous with their time and expertise.

And now summer, our leafy, city back yard and a tall, cool drink beckon.

Karen McKenzie

Discover the art that changed the world - Revealing the Early Renaissance: Stories and Secrets in Florentine Art - on now at the Art Gallery of Ontario until June 16.

This message is a private communication. It may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or use it, and do not disclose it to others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it and any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>