Hi Luke, Timely question. We haven’t yet, but our University Archivist and I recently had a conversation about collecting those types of materials, plus commercial gallery solo invitations, etc., in some way. Some university libraries, I believe, collect them in vertical files. Our city is small but has an active art community with nationally and internationally recognized commercial galleries and artist-run centres, in addition to well-established public galleries, representing historic, established, and up’n-coming artists. Quite often, we realize, these are only records of local art activities especially for less known local artists, short of obtaining gallery documents and artists’ papers, which we may also consider in the future. Our discussion was partly prompted by the recent transfer of various materials from our university art gallery’s staff working library in downtown to the main library on campus proper. We still haven’t finalized how to house (Archive? Special collections?) or how to handle cataloguing records. Tad

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Tad Suzuki MTS MA MLS Information Services Librarian

Fine Arts, Hispanic & Italian Studies

McPherson Library, William C. Mearns Centre for Learning

PO Box 1800 STN CSC, Victoria, BC  V8W 3H5 Canada