Dear ARLIS/NA members,

If you are not already a member of the Book Art SIG, we would like to invite you to become a member and participate in our blog activities.

Over the next year, we will share book and paper art-related news, ideas, and resources to look forward to in and around Washington, D.C. for ARLIS/NA 2014.  We’re also really excited to hear from the SIG members about what they’re doing throughout the year to utilize, promote, and grow book art collections within libraries of all types and sizes.

Please let us know if you’d like to submit a short essay or guest post (typically 350-500 words).  We’re looking for at least one post from our members each month to generate discussion.  We’ll schedule the monthly posts according to your preferences and needs.  If you’ve got an upcoming exhibition to promote, or want to talk about the successes and challenges of an exhibition that just closed, let us know.  If you’re teaching, collecting, or providing access to artists’ books in an innovative way, you can share your experience here.  If you want to analyze a work from your collection, or to write about your collection development policy for artists’ books, here’s a space for you.  Please contact one of us (Amanda: [log in to unmask] or Michelle: [log in to unmask]) with your ideas so that we can schedule posts in advance.

You may also contact one of us if you have questions about the group in general.  Thank you!

Best,

Amanda Meeks & Michelle Strizever

ARLIS/NA Book Art SIG Co-Coordinators

--
Professional Portfolio

"What good shall I do this day?" -Benjamin Franklin-