Good morning,

I am currently involved in a research project that is focused

on the role and status of small, independent book publishers within the current publishing

environment. Specifically, we are examining what types of relationships, if any, exist between

independent publishers and research-oriented libraries. Depending on the feedback

we receive, we plan to create some type of resource to serve as a conduit between the worlds of

librarians and independent publishers.

Would you be willing to complete this brief questionnaire? It should take no more than 10 minutes to complete.

Very little research has been conducted on this issue, so any insights you can provide

will be extremely valuable. Please complete the questionnaire by May 24, 2013.

If you are not the appropriate party to respond to the survey, I would be most appreciative if

you would either inform me of the appropriate individual(s) or forward the survey yourself.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Please feel free to contact me if you

would like more information. I am most grateful for any assistance you can offer.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Amy

Amy Ballmer

Reference Librarian, Mina Rees Library