Dear friends and colleagues,

The Pasadena conference proved excellent in nearly every way. My
thanks to the organizers and to Deborah Kempe. I was especially moved
by the tributes to my old friends Wolfgang Freitag, Howard Karno, and
Rosemary Furtak (I'm sorry I did not know Laura Tatum). On a happier
note, all I can say about Ted Goodman's Distinguished Service Award
is: It's about time.

Best regards,

Larry