Hello all,

In anticipation of our upcoming meeting in Pasadena, I have scanned a favorite photograph of mine from my collection to share with you. My research area is Georgia photographers and I normally concentrate on obtaining their photographs, mainly for the photographers' marks.  But I also have several out-of-state photos. Some years ago I came across this lovely card photograph and could not resist purchasing it. Who can resist the well-dressed women with parasols and the equally well-dressed gents with derbies?

I would call this a "Boudoir" card photograph (size 5½" x 8½") dating from about 1890, and it is by the Pasadena photographer, J. Hill. I have only seen a few of his images reproduced online and I have not done my usual research on this non-GA image or the photographer.

Written on the back is "200,000 Gold of Ophir Roses.”  For those interested, here's a link to a 1904 LC photochrom, a color image, of a Gold of Ophir rose bush:

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2008679614/

See you in Pasadena,
Lee

E. Lee Eltzroth