Hello Collective Wisdom,

A researcher is looking for information from the following sales catalogues:

·         Clars Auction Gallery, Oakland, September 21, 2002, [title of sale unknown]; specifically lot 1469 (Morris Graves’ Priest with Chalice Head)

·         Coleman Galleries, New York, April 20 & 21, 1955, Antique, Traditional & Moderne Furniture…; specifically any information about Ian Duff MacKnight (part of his estate was being sold)

We’ve spoken with Clars and they no longer have copies of this catalogue. We believe Coleman Galleries closed in the late 20th century.

Any help locating either of these is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Traci

Traci Timmons, M.A., M.L.I.S.

Librarian, Dorothy Stimson Bullitt Library

Seattle Art Museum

1300 First Avenue

Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 206-654-3220

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/Learn/Library/SAM.asp

The Bullitt Library is open to the public: Wednesday – Friday, 10 am – 4pm

Now Open:

Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Gainsborough: The Treasures of Kenwood House, London

Get your tickets online now!