Greetings all,

Back in the day of mounted image study sets, slides, etc., there was an extensive reproduction series published by University Prints of Cambridge, Mass. I don't believe they were ever associated with Harvard in any way, just happened to be in Cambridge. As I recall, each print was about 4"X6". Small, easy to store on a shelf, in portfolios/sets on a particular topic. The series had an alpha arrangement ("The University prints. Series L. Woodcuts & engravings") and covered architecture, painting, prints, sculpture, and probably dec. arts. Possibly thousands published (I've heard ~6,600 individual prints mentioned).

Does anyone know any more history about this series? Was this series ever offered as microform or as a digital set? University Prints seem to be long gone, but I suspect the collective memory has the skinny on this.

We've been offered a "full" set, and I am wondering why I should bother taking it.

Any and all thoughts welcome.

Regards,
Peter Blank

--
Peter P. Blank
Head Librarian

650.725.1038 Voice
650.725.0140 Fax
artlibrary.stanford.edu

Current Exhibitions: Cabinet of Wonders: A Contemporary Kunstkammer
                                   Permanent Rotation: Works from the Locked Stacks – Four Works by Man Ray

--
Peter P. Blank
Head Librarian

650.725.1038 Voice
650.725.0140 Fax
artlibrary.stanford.edu
Current Exhibitions: Permanent Rotation: Work from the Locked Stacks -- Four Works by Man Ray
                              Cabinet of Wonders: A Contemporary Kunstkammer