A year and a half ago I launched a visual literacy campaign in my library in concert with the art museum at Duke, The Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University.  At that time I shared my libguide pages with the ARLIS membership and received valuable feedback for improvement.  The Museum used this initiative to build a visual literacy website that, though centered on Nasher collections, coordinates visual literacy research, VL tools, library guides and the various image-study programs on campus into a single appealing website.  I refer this page to colleagues as an example of an engaging, integrated VL outreach page.

Duke webpages of any subject typically link to the page though the icon

http://hdyl.nasher.duke.edu/

My best for a good conference in Pasadena!

Lee

Lee Sorensen
Visual Studies and Dance Librarian
Duke University