Question: How do I dress for the Conference?

Answer: Below are some Wardrobe Tips from experienced conference-goers and ARLIS/SC Chapter Members

As of today, the forecast for Pasadena predicts temperatures in the 70’s during the day, dropping to the 50s at night. Rain is unlikely, but bring an umbrella just in case. And don’t forget the sunscreen! Since the Southern California nights always cool down, we recommend layering options. Please check your favorite weather site before you start packing. Southern California weather changes quickly and the Pasadena climate is different from, say, the west side of Los Angeles.

Business casual is the usual conference dress code but this is ARLIS/NA and this is Southern California, so feel free to define that code as more casual than business and more unusual rather than usual. Artistic choices in dress and accessories are always appreciated by fellow conference goers, so feel free to pack some flair. While not required, both the Welcome Party and the Convocation are opportunities to dress up a little. But not to worry, there won’t be any fashion police stopping you at the door. So, express yourself, be comfortable, wear layers, and make sure and pack a comfortable pair of walking shoes and that umbrella and especially don’t forget the SUNSCREEN.

Fun Fact: We are also posting this message on Facebook and we encourage everyone to post photos of your favorite conference outfits! Note: If you’re posting a picture of someone else’s outfit, please ask them for permission first. Who will be the first person to share?

Nancy Norris, Pasadena 2013 Publicity Chair

Conference websiteBlogFacebookPinterestTwitter