I concur with Margaret, these are important evidence of the way art history was taught (both my husband & I still have the sets that we bought as ‘required course texts’ when we were students). I’ve added gift sets to various libraries where I’ve worked in the past and a few digitized sets (including at least one from UCLA) have now made their way into Hathi Trust. I think what’s special about what you’re being offered is that it is a complete set! It would be great to have the complete set digitized and available in Hathi Trust or some other digital repository, and if you could work with ARTstor to get the entire set added to ARTstor it would be even better!

Cheers,

Janine Henri

Architecture, Design, and Digital Services Librarian

and Interim Resource Librarian for Urban Planning

UCLA Arts Library

1400 Public Affairs Building

Box 951392

Los Angeles, CA 90095-1392