Dear ARLIS Colleagues,

One of our curators has asked me to search for some articles/opinion pieces about the role openings/receptions in art museums. One of the biggest challenges is that I am retrieving lots of art gallery opening/reception announcements. Thoughts?

I've searched the following terms "museum administration" OR "museum management" AND "exhibition openings" OR "exhibition receptions." I've also tried museum marketing and art openings. I get the sense that there just isn't a lot of research about the role of exhibition openings.

If you have any thoughts, please send them my way to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Thanks.

Mario A. Ascencio
Library Director
Corcoran Gallery of Art / College of Art + Design
t: (202) 478-1543  f: (202) 628-7908
http://www.corcoran.edu/library
Explore. Discover. Create.