ARLIS/NA colleagues who are members of ALA,

We'd like to offer you our personal endorsements of Courtney Young for President of the American Library Association.  Please consider voting for her.  We have each known Courtney for some years and admire her leadership abilities, as evidenced in her work as an ALA Executive Board member and her 10 previous years of significant roles in ALA.  Throughout her busy career, which has touched upon many aspects of academic librarianship, she has maintained her undergraduate interest in women’s studies and African American studies through professional writing, collection assessment, and some teaching.  In addition to experience as a subject librarian, she has 9 years of experience in library administration.

We think she is a great colleague.

Candidate’s statements and instructions for voting are at: http://www.ala.org/aboutala/governance/alaelection  Voting began March 19th and ends April 26th.

Sincerely,

Henry Pisciotta, Penn State