Dear ARLIS members,

We would like to announce the recipients of the two ARLIS/SC travel awards.  Please welcome Michele James and Patricia Peregrine to ARLIS in Pasadena!

Student Travel Award

Michele James will receive her MLIS from UCLA this spring. She has worked for the UCLA Library Special Collections, the Wende Museum, and the Natural History Museum Research Library. Her focus in grad school has been on collection management and access, and thus looks forward to learning more about collaborative projects and outreach for collections in cultural heritage institutions at the conference. She has been an active member of ARLIS/SC and we are happy to have her attend the conference in Pasadena.

Judith A. Hoffberg Travel Award

Patti Peregrine is the current Chair of the ARLIS/SC chapter and is additionally participating in the conference as a member of the conference committee and a conference volunteer. She has her own information service business with a focus on art libraries and digital asset management. Her clients include Beatrice Wood Center for the Arts and Lost Planet. Patti has done a wonderful job of chairing our chapter and we are pleased to present her with this award.

2013 ARLIS-SC Travel Awards Committee: Isotta Poggi, Rachel Rohac, and Cathryn Ziefle