Dear Collective Wisdom,

  We have a graduate student here at Rutgers working with a patron on
finding information on Mary Collins Ammirato.  Below is what we know about
her thus far.  If anyone can direct us to any resources that would be
fantastic, we are beginning to feel at a real loss for any information
about this artist.

Mary Collins Ammirato or Mary Ammirato-Collins. She was active in the
early 20th century, born in Texas, received her MFA in Boston. She was an
artist and poet who lived in Paris and studied at the Academie Julian. The
query is info on the artist, especially on her works in enamel.

Research thus far:  the graduate student found a few articles on the women
artists in the Academie Julian or American artists in Paris in the late
19th/early 20th c., since she was not a famous artist, her name did not
crop up in any of the 4 related articles on JSTOR, or in a copy of a text
in the library, Feher (1999) Overcoming All Obstacles: Women of the
Academie Julian. Women artist libguides didn't bring anything else up.
EBSCO didn't yield anything will a full-text search either for the artist.
The individual making the request already reached out to Boston about her
MFA and yielded nothing. I cannot find any record of her art other than
Ebay records, so I'm not sure what, if any, auction houses might have an
artist record for her. The only source that comes up on WorldCat is a
short exhibition catalogue: Woodstock Gallery (London). (1973). Enamels.

Many thanks,

Megan

Megan Lotts, MFA, M.L.I.S
Art Librarian