I am pleased to announce that the ARLIS/NA Executive Board has approved the
SCIP (Supporting Creativity in Practice) SIG!

Members of the SCIP SIG will explore how creativity applies to the work of
art information professionals and how creative engagement can move the
Library beyond its traditional roles. The group will act as an ongoing
support community for personal creative practice by exploring ways to make
time in our workday for nurturing creativity, examining how personal
artistic practices enhance our work as information professionals, and
learning effective ways to foster creativity in others. The group will also
explore the idea of the library as an incubator of creative discovery by
looking at ways to incorporate creatively charged workshops, exhibitions
and events into library spaces giving library users opportunities for
research and a means to practice hands-on engagement with ideas and
knowledge. Members of the SCIP SIG may also plan events such as
ARLIS/NA-member art exhibits, workshops (possibly tapping local creative
talent) and conference sessions.

Creative people of all persuasions and the creatively-curious are
encouraged to join the SCIP SIG.  If you are interested in joining the
group, please contact me and I will add you to our already active email
list. We will also meet at the ARLIS/NA conference in Pasadena on Friday,
April 26th at 4:45pm in Ballroom A
http://arlisna2013.sched.org/event/afaad1af23f24cf16832b0050ec934dd#.UTDpZE9ZFh4

Looking forward to our meeting in Pasadena!

Annette Haines
Art & Design Field Librarian
University of Michigan