Hi all,

I am volunteering in a museum library, and putting together the annual book
sale. Some of the materials that are being deaccessioned are worth quite a
bit of money as they are out of print or special language editions, etc.
However as they are quite a specialized, for example a book on Civil War
card table woodworking valued around $ 600 on Abe books, it is highly
unlikely that sale go-ers will be interested in purchasing them for a
decent price, if at all. The librarian I'm working with does not have the
resources to continually post and monitor these volumes on an action site
such as Abe.  She would like to have a one time sale and move on, unless
there is a better way to get a fair price for the library.

Can you point me to some resources or examples of what other libraries in
this position have done?

Thanks so much,
Summer Fouche