Dear ARLIS Colleagues,

I had a faculty member searching for any artists that create wearable art/sculpture. We were looking for artists, such as Rebecca Horn, that create sculptural pieces NOT made out of textiles. Any general books on the topic would be helpful. The faculty member does not want books about fashion or jewelry.

Subject headings I have tried unsuccessfully:

Wearable art – gives me fashion

Costume design – gives me fashion

I’ve searched for the following keywords

Wearable sculpture – fashion and jewelry

Sculpture and fashion – gives me jewelry

Any ideas and/or artists’ names is greatly appreciated. You can email me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Mario A. Ascencio
Library Director
Corcoran Gallery of Art / College of Art + Design

500 Seventeenth Street NW

Washington, DC 20006
t: (202) 478-1543  f: (202) 628-7908
http://www.corcoran.edu/library