					Sneak Preview:  Conference tours

Don't' miss out on the unique and rewarding opportunities that tours offer your conference experience.

We know you are expecting tours to the Getty Center, the Getty Villa, the Huntington Library, the Norton Simon Museum, the Gamble House, the historic Murals, and we don't disappoint on that score, But, were you expecting a tour of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory on the beautiful campus of the California Institute of Technology? Did you know that JPL is the only NASA center that employs a visual artist as a "visual strategist" and don't you want to meet the artist and find out what "visual strategist" means? Of course fans of TV's Big Bang Theory will especially want to check out the Bridge Physics Building where Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Raj work.

We are excited to offer you a day-long, focused tour of area archives which will include a visit to the ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives, "the oldest active Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning (LGBTQ) organization in the United States and the largest repository of LGBTQ materials in the world." http://www.onearchives.org/

Fashionistas will not be disappointed. In addition to a Textile District tour, we are offering a tour of the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) library, workrooms and museum gallery. You will not want to miss seeing up close and in person costume selections from Oscar-nominated films. http://blog.fidmmuseum.org/museum/2012/02/20th-annual-art-of-motion-picture-costume-design-exhibition-now-open.html

Were you hoping to visit at least one iconic residence? You know you want to explore historic downtown Los Angeles and Historic Pasadena. You've heard about Simon Rodia's Watts Towers, but have you been there? This is a work to be experienced in person.

Tours co-chairs Mary Stark and Sally McKay have put together an outstanding collection of full-day and half-day tours that are certain to be hot-tickets. Check the Website for detailed and updated information: http://www.arlisna.org/pasadena2013/tours.html