Hello everyone!

I have been asked to summarize my findings about what citation style art MA/MFA programs prefer.  As predicted, Chicago seems to be the winner with a few noting specifically Chicago/Turabian.  A few mentioned that some professors may ask for MLA and one institution seems to use MLA for their graduate art programs.

I was also pointed in the direction of a guide from Duke that provides great examples of how to cite resources often used in art history in Chicago: http://guides.library.duke.edu/content.php?pid=47673&sid=351285

Thanks for your help!

Olivia Miller
MSLS Candidate 2013, UNC-Chapel Hill
Intern, Greensboro College Library