From: Leech, Robin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 9:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [acrl-ir] Announcing the IRIG Mid-Winter Meeting (online)

Hello Everyone:

Please join us for our Mid-Winter meeting on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. (CST).  This year we will be using Adobe Connect for our meeting, and a meeting link will be available soon.

The Steering Committee has put together an interesting and diverse program with something for everyone.  The presentations:

"Continuing Metadata Lifecycles for Metadata Created Using Photoshop in 2006" Theodore Gerontakos, University of Washington Libraries.
Theodore will describe the procedures used to create, process and output metadata at various stages of a project.

"Photo Synthesis:  Collaboration and Compromise on a Historic Photograph Digitization Project"  David Gwynn and Kathelene McCarty Smith, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro.  David and Kathelene will describe the collaboration of a new IT librarian and a new photo archivist as they collaborate on an in progress digitization project, and the challenges they encountered.

"Informing Images:  Audio Access for a Digital Image Collection"  Kathleen Lonbom, Illinois State University
Kathleen's presentation will discuss developing audio descriptions for images, a project funded by the Illinois State Library Technology Act with funds from IMLS.

We will have a short business meeting at the conclusion of the presentations and information about our face to face program at ALA Annual in Chicago in June.

Please mark your calendars and join us for our meeting.  We look forward to seeing you on the 14th.

Robin Leech
ACRL-IRIG Convener, 2012-13
Associate Professor, Head, Digital Initiatives
Oklahoma State University
405-744-9780

Kristina Keogh

ACRL-IRIG, In-Coming Convener