You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself. –  Galileo

Whether you have participated in mentoring hundreds of times or never before, we encourage you to consider participating in the ARLIS/NA Yearlong Career Mentoring Program.

The Mentoring Subcommittee feels strongly that our in-person, workshop-based program offers an excellent foundation to build mentoring relationships. The workshop in Pasadena on April 26th at 8 am will not only give you the tools necessary to successfully participate in the yearlong mentoring program, it will instruct you in the life-long pursuit of mentoring (and menteeing).

Everyone who will be attending the conference in Pasadena is welcome to apply as a mentor or mentee. At this time we are particularly in need of mentors. Interested, but not sure if you are qualified to be a mentor? Please send me an e-mail or give me a call and I would be happy to talk it through with you.

Here’s the application form: https://docs.google.com/a/massart.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGxxWC1zZ1IxWEpsYkpBOGdoVEVISHc6MA#gid=0The deadline to apply is Monday February 18th, 2013.  We will be letting folks know about acceptance to the program on March 4th.
Acceptance is based on finding suitable pairs among the applicants.

The Benefits of Mentoring:

• Learn about new technologies and issues of concern to art librarianship.

• Enjoy a rare opportunity to stop and reflect on your own experiences.

• Feel good about investing time to ensure the future strength and growth of ARLIS/NA.

Mentoring Subcommittee
Rachel Resnik
Jessica Shaykett
Sarah Sherman