You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within
himself. –  Galileo

Whether you have
participated in mentoring hundreds of times or never before, we encourage you
to consider participating in the ARLIS/NA Yearlong Career Mentoring Program.

The Mentoring
Subcommittee feels strongly that our in-person, workshop-based program offers
an excellent foundation to build mentoring relationships. The workshop in
Pasadena on April 26th at 8 am will not only give you the tools necessary to
successfully participate in the yearlong mentoring program, it will instruct
you in the life-long pursuit of mentoring (and menteeing).

Everyone who will
be attending the conference in Pasadena is welcome to apply as a mentor or
mentee. At this time we are particularly in need of mentors. Interested, but
not sure if you are qualified to be a mentor? Please send me an e-mail or give
me a call and I would be happy to talk it through with you.

Here’s the
application form: https://docs.google.com/a/massart.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGxxWC1zZ1IxWEpsYkpBOGdoVEVISHc6MA#gid=0
The deadline to apply is Monday
February 18th, 2013.  We will be letting folks know about acceptance to
the program on March 4th.
Acceptance is based on finding suitable pairs among
the applicants.

The Benefits of Mentoring:

• Learn about new
technologies and issues of concern to art librarianship.

• Enjoy a rare
opportunity to stop and reflect on your own experiences.

• Feel good about
investing time to ensure the future strength and growth of ARLIS/NA.

Mentoring SubcommitteeRachel ResnikJessica ShaykettSarah ShermanAnna SimonHeather Slania

rachel resnik

technical
services librarian

massachusetts college