Colleagues and friends--

I have posted my report from the Subject Analysis Committee and
SACO-At-Large meetings during ALA Midwinter in Seattle. They join Dan
Lipcan's report on CC:DA and Liz O'Keefe's on MARBI at
http://artcataloging.net/alagen.html

One of my triumphs (you see how meaningless my life is) was having a
conversation with Janis Young of LC PSD about the need for "... in art"
subject headings to be a little more conceptual. My proposal for
"Grandparents in art" had been rejected because it wasn't pictures of
grandparents but the whole point of the project and publication was an
artistic riff on grandparents in art. Janis said she and her editorial
buddies would consider this AND that I should mention this in a note in a
proposal that was more conceptual than literal.

I might get some notes written up about other meetings I went to but
decided to post SAC and SACO before I go to College Art next week in NYC.

If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask me or on the list.

Sherman Clarke
Alfred, NY