Dear Colleagues:

The ARLIS Strategic Planning Committee is identifying some action items in the 2011-2015 plan with which we could press ahead, or prioritize within the activities of Committees, Divisions, Sections, etc. (The action plan is posted at http://www.arlisna.org/organization/admindocs/planning/stratplan11-15actionsFINAL.pdf)

I would like to survey the membership about one action item in particular, user assessment of art libraries:

Goal I. Articulate New Directions and Identity for the Profession

            D.         Provide opportunities for members to participate in shaping the role of the profession in the changing environment of art information and scholarship.

                        3.         Sponsor assessment studies of user research needs for art information discovery and dialogue.

I would like to know if your library has recently produced any report or study of your local user art information research needs, or if you have given or anticipate any presentations concerning such assessment, perhaps for the 2013 ACRL conference workshop which will cover this topic . Your responses will be appreciated!

Happy New Year,

Leigh Gates

ARLIS/NA Strategic Planning Committee

Leigh Gates

Director of Library Services

Harrington College of Design

200 W. Madison St.

Chicago, IL 60606

312.697.8021 P

312.697.3318 Front Desk

www.harrington.edu

"There is no such thing as information overload—only bad design." Edward Tufte