I have been asked to obtain a library subscription to the full text of the database CumInCAD, a cumulative index of publications about computer aided architectural design.  The database looks relevant to architectural studies.  Their website (http://cumincad.scix.net) says “To access full texts one needs to be a member of a CAAD association. To access metadata one needs to login.”  I have filled out the form for a new user, logged in and done a couple of searches – which displayed the metadata however generally not the full text although there are some links to freely available content on the web.  I’m not a member of any of the CAAD associations however some of our faculty are.

I see that CumInCAD is listed on several architecture libguides of ARLIS colleagues; therefore I’m seeking advice and further info on this database.  Has anyone been able to obtain a library subscription to the full-text? If you have access to CumInCAD through an association membership or library subscription, have you found the content to be useful?

I tried searching for publications associated with several of the associations covered, e.g. ACADIA, ASCAAD, CAADRIA, eCAADe, SiGraDi, CAAD futures, DDSS, in our current subscription databases and only found a handful of conference proceedings of these associations…so I’m thinking that the content in CumInCAD may not be readily available through our current database subscriptions.  What is your experience?

Any info and/or advice would  be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Marilyn

--

Marilyn Nasserden

Music and Art Librarian

Libraries and Cultural Resources

University of Calgary

Office: 510H, Taylor Family Digital Library

Phone: (403) 220-3795

E-mail: [log in to unmask]