I spoke at an ARLIS/NA-sponsored webinar last month on creativity (a repeat of my session at the 2012 ARLIS/NA conference). One of the attendees suggested that I form a Special Interest Group around the idea of creative information professionals. I thought this was a good idea, so I drafted a blurb (see below). Would any of you be interested in joining such a group? I need some people committed to the idea before I can make it official. If you are interested, please email me off the list at [log in to unmask]

Best,

Annette Haines
Art & Design Field Librarian
University of Michigan

Creative Information Professionals Special Interest Group

Members of the Creative Information Professionals SIG will explore ideas about how workplace creativity applies to art information professionals. Creative people of all persuasions and the creatively-curious are encouraged to join the group. Some ideas that we may explore include: ways to make time in our workday for nurturing our creativity, how our personal artistic practices enhance our work as information professionals, setting creative goals, and learning effective ways to foster creativity in others. The group would also serve as an ongoing community to help motivate one another throughout the year. Members may plan events such as ARLIS/NA-member art exhibits, conference sessions and workshops.