I'm sending out the following message below on behalf of the Ontario Library Association's Special Library Committee. I think this pre-conference is fairly relevant to art libraries in terms of promotion.

Regards,

Effie Patelos, MI, BArch, BES

Librarian

Shore + Moffat Library

John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design

University of Toronto

230 College Street

Toronto ON M5T 1R2

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mini-Marketing: Lessons from Small Libraries

Start the New Year with new ideas and new strategies for your information centre!

Join OLA’s newest committee — the Special Library Committee — for with an informative half-day pre-conference on how to market your information services. Learn how to align your information services with the strategic objectives of your parent organization, how to develop a value proposition, and the best applications of a hard sell versus a soft sell. We will also be sharing our experiences with balancing the expectations of management and clients, reaching out to and educating the client, and applying all of these lessons to personal marketing.

Learn from our guest speakers from:

When: Wednesday, January 30th, 1-4pm

Where: Metro Toronto Convention Centre

Website: http://www.accessola.org/Documents/OLA/Super%20Conference/2013/Pre-conference%20workshops.pdf (see page 6)

Cost and registration

OLA/Affiliate Member: $85*

Non-member: $115

Students/Retired/No-Income: $45

Registration website: http://www.badgestudio.com/ola/myOLA.htm

*If you are a member of any of the following, you are entitled to the Affiliate Organization rate of $85:

APLA; ABQLA; Sask LA; OHLA; BCLA; NWTLA; OALT/ABO; NSLA; LAA; NLLA; NLA; MLA; YLA; TSLIS Network