I'm sending out the following message below on behalf of the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Information Alumni Association who are seeking volunteers from the library community to provide job shadowing for students.

Regards,

Effie Patelos, MI, BArch, BES

Librarian

Shore + Moffat Library

John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design

University of Toronto

230 College Street

Toronto ON M5T 1R2

The University of Toronto’s Faculty of Information Alumni Association organizes its Annual FIAA Job Shadowing Program to provide iSchool Students in all streams with the chance to learn firsthand from information professionals about the job opportunities available once graduating. To achieve this goal, we need professionals like yourself to take part and give back to the next generation of info pros.

We hope we can count on your support this year in providing iSchool students with the opportunity to experience what it’s like to work in an information field (e.g., Archives/Records Management, Critical Information Studies, Information Systems & Design, Knowledge Management & Information Management, Library and Information Science, or Museum Studies). If you are involved in an organization that can dedicate a half day or full day, for one or more students, we look forward to hearing from you.

To participate this year, please e-mail [log in to unmask]*by February 10, 2013* and please include:

·  Your contact information (job title, company name, phone, address, email)

·  Number of students that you can accommodate

·  Length of time (i.e., half or full day)

·  Stream ( Archives/Records Management, Critical Information Studies, Information Systems & Design, Knowledge Management & Information Management, Library and Information Science, or Museum Studies)

Once matched, you and the student(s) can arrange a mutually convenient time for the visit, between February and August, 2013.  No classes will be held the week of Feb. 18 (Reading Week), so students may want to visit you during that time.

If you are unable to participate and know of someone else who might be interested, please pass on this email. We greatly appreciate any help in providing students with new learning experiences.

Please contact [log in to unmask] if you have any questions, or if a student fails to show up as scheduled. The program is being coordinated by Ricardo Laskaris ‘04, Kate Johnson '10, Cybil Stephens '11, and Christina Flagiello ‘12.

*****

SOCIAL MEDIA:

Interested in giving back to the next generation of Info Pros? Take part in the U of T iSchool's Job Shadowing program & host 1 or more students  for a half or full day? Click to find out more http://www.ischool.utoronto.ca/job-shadowing

Twitter-length:
Interested in hosting one or more students for the U of T iSchool's Job Shadowing program, for a half or full day?  See http://www.ischool.utoronto.ca/job-shadowing